Kia India Crosses 1 Lakh Exports Milestone




expand
View Photos

Kia India exported a total of 1,01,734 units by January 2022.

Kia India has become one of the leading carmakers in our domestic market in a very short time, thanks to its first model – the Kia Seltos which has been a runaway success for the Korean carmaker, followed by the Kia Sonet. Both models have also been in demand in the global market, so much so that the company has breached the 1 lakh exports milestone in just about 30 months since it started shipping its cars from India. The company has been exporting both models to 91 countries in the regions of Middle East, Africa, Central & South America, Mexico, and Asia-Pacific.

Also Read: Auto Sales January 2022: Kia India Records 1.4 Per Cent Sales Growth

jnlsrkmg

The Kia Seltos contributed 77 per cent to the exports.

Tae-Jin- Park, MD & CEO, Kia India said, “India is a strategic geography for Kia Corporation, not only in terms of sales but also in terms of developing India as a manufacturing and export hub. To meet the world’s growing demand for SUVs, our hi-tech Anantapur plant has become one of the most critical production hubs for compact and medium-sized SUVs. We are extremely pleased that our India-centric models, Seltos and Sonet, have performed admirably in international market; highlighting the fact that our Indian products are truly global in nature. We are now excited to continue building on this positive momentum with India manufacturing facility being the mother plant for Carens, serving the world.”

Also Read: First Kia Carens Rolls Out Of Anantapur Plant

9lnhfnro

The Kia Sonet contributed 23 per cent to the exports.

0 Comments

As of now, the Kia Seltos contributed 77 per cent to the export volume and the remaining 23 per cent is attributed to the Kia Sonet. The company exported a total of 1,01,734 units by January 2022. In CY2021, the company shipped over 46,261 units, registering a healthy year-on-year (YoY) growth of 23 per cent in its exports. Kia India accounts a share of 25 per cent in the exports UV segment and is the third largest auto exported in the country with a share of 9 per cent.

For the latest auto news and reviews, follow carandbike.com on Twitter, Facebook, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.





Source link

Leave a Reply